Instructions for declaring Bioengineering (BIOE-BS)
- Gather information about the major by talking to BioE students and professors.
- Go into Axess and declare bioengineering as your major. Do not choose the Honors option in Axess unless you have already submitted an Honors application to the department.
- Complete and submit the following documents to Teri Hankes in the Shriram Center, Suite 119:
- Meet with your assigned advisor to discuss your academic, professional and personal interests, and have your advisor sign your completed Program Sheet. Program Sheets are located in the Undergraduate Engineering Handbook (UGHB). You may choose a Program Sheet from a year you were enrolled at Stanford (no mix 'n match). Enter “AP” instead of a grade for any course waived due to AP credit. The School of Engineering requires that you get the Dean's Office of Student Affairs to sign off on your AP Credit when you declare an SoE major. To get the sign-off, bring your program sheet and an unofficial transcript to 135 Huang for sign-off.
- Bring the completed, signed program sheet to Teri Hankes in the Shriram Center, Suite 119, who will then approve your declaration Axess.
Required coursework toward a BS in BioE is detailed in the Bioengineering section of the Stanford Engineering Undergraduate Handbook.